Free Leaf Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com

Search This Blog

Bulbophyllums

I decided to add bulbophyllum orchids to my collection, which i have not had before. Learn a little bit about Bulbophyllums on one of our culture classes I ordered two of them right away :-)

The first one is Bulbophyllum lindleyanum, which I found is very attractive with its hairy little flowers. 
Bulbophyllum lindleyanum 

The second one is Bulbophyllum bicolor. This plant has cream white longitudinally veined red-purple flowers.  The lip is yellow or yellow green. Very nice plant!
Bulbophyllum bicolor
These sympodial plants have conspicuous pseudobulbs with a single, folded leaf at the top. They are epiphytic and lithophytic. one of the member of our society grows Bulbophyllums in semi-hydro, so I decided to do so, will see how it goes. I understand clearly that the best way for them to grow is in a basket or mounted.
In general, Bulbophyllums require intermediate temperature, be kept evenly and constantly moist during the growing season.  Permit to dry between watering when the growths mature.  Cooler temperatures will guarantee flowering when growths mature.  Plants will grow well with Phalaenopsis but will flower and proliferate faster with brighter light.

#Bulbophyllum_lindleyanum, #Bulbophyllum_bicolor

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me, and I will reply as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment