Free Leaf Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com

Search This Blog

How to Grow Guava Trees from Seeds

It is so much fun growing a different kinds of exotic plants from seeds. Here is the next my project, Guava.
Guava seeds are so tiny and often not all of the flesh is totally could be cleaned off. But it's okay. You can plant any of them.
However, there are some suggestions from people who have a successful experience in growing this plant. For instance, soak the seeds or even boil them before planting,  I didn't do anything like that, I just put them in soil /not deep/. You can try any of these ways.
According to my experience, sprouts from seeds appear quite fast, however, they grow so slow.
On the following picture you can see my little guavas.
They are 6-7 months old or so, and still so tiny.

To keep your guava tree alive and happy, note:
- It doesn't tolerate frost. When the temperature is about to drop to freezing, take your plant in.
-  In general, guava trees are tolerant of windy conditions.
- It loves full sun.
- Guava trees are well adapted to a wide range of soil types including sands, loams, rock-based soils, and muck.
- Young guava trees should be fertilized every 1 to 2 months during the first year.
- Guava trees are attacked by a number of insect pests including the Caribbean fruit fly, guava whitefly, red-banded thrips, guava fruit moth, and scales. Various scales may also attack guava leaves, stems, and fruit. A number of diseases attack guava trees including anthracnose, red alga, and various leaf spots.


If you have successful experience in growing a guava tree from a seed I would love to hear about that.

I will update this post as soon as I have new information.

Have a good one )))

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me, and I will reply as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment