Free Leaf Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com

Search This Blog

Let's Have Fun Growing Ginger

The next fun project is growing Ginger from root, which I bought in a grocery store.
Choose a piece with well developed "eyes" or growth buds. It is better to start with, soak the ginger root overnight in warm water to get it ready for planting. However, I just drop the root on a piece of moss among my orchids and kept it slightly wet.

Ginger is a tropical plant, so it loves a sheltered spot, filtered sunlight, warm weather, humidity, and rich, moist soil. What ginger can't stand is frost, direct sun, strong winds, and soggy, waterlogged soil.
Keep it outside in summer. At the first signs of cold weather  move your ginger inside . Once the leaves die back keep it reasonably dry and cool. If you keep the root  in the right condition in winter it will grow back next year.

Meanwhile, I'm going to keep an eye on my little guy, and inform you how it goes.


If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me, and I will reply as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment